Thursday, August 16, 2018

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Arizona Diamondbacks STEM Field Trip Days


I am an alumna of the Physiology undergraduate program at UofA (Bear Down!) and I wanted to reach out to you to see if you could send out a notice to the PSIO students about a volunteer opportunity coming up in September. I work for a nonprofit organization called The Science of Sport, and heard about the job while I was still in college at U of A. I am happy to say that this amazing organization brings together two passions of mine, sports and science. I know that other Physiology students share the same passions, so I would like to extend them the chance to work with the organization as well.
Science of Sport partners with the Arizona Diamondbacks to bring the Arizona Diamondbacks Science of Baseball to life to students across the state of Arizona. On September 12th and 13th, the Arizona Diamondbacks are hosting two days of STEM Field Trips for elementary and middle school students around the valley. Science of Sport and the Arizona Diamondbacks Science of Baseball will be taking over the entire upper concourse of Chase Field to provide STEM related activities in the sports of baseball, soccer, basketball, and football to all the students.
Here is a little bit about the program and the event, I also attached a flier for the event. Students can contact me if they would like to volunteer.

BEAR DOWN!

Meghan Marriott
meghan@sciencesport.org
(602) 245-7600
 www.sciencesport.org





No comments:

Post a Comment