The University of Arizona Health Sciences Internship Announcement - April 2017
Advantages of an Internship:
An internship can provide you with valuable skills that you can list on your résumé and carry forward into employment. You will make valuable professional contacts and learn how programs operate behind the scenes.
- Office duties: Data entry, typical office duties, event preparation, other duties as assigned.
- Professionalism: Candidate will be working with physicians, resident trainees, program leadership and staff.
- Goals: Candidate will learn medical terminology, how medical education programs operate, the role of
- physicians in hospitals, clinics, and as faculty. Candidate will learn or strengthen knowledge of software, human resources practices and health care systems.
- Hours: A 3-unit internship is 135 hours over the course of the semester. This is about 10 hours per week.
- Location: College of Medicine
- Semester available: Prefer academic year commitment (fall 2017 & spring 2018). Summer available.
Contact: For all positions, email résumé, unofficial transcript and class schedule for fall 2017 to Kerith Lisa, Senior Coordinator, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Kerith@deptofmed.arizona.edu.
POSTIONS CLOSE 4/28/2017