Tuesday, August 14, 2018

3 JOB OPPORTUNITIES Personal Care Assistant positions


Personal Care Assistant position
Pay: 12$/hour

I am a male student studying history and classics, and I will be attending Arizona full-time living in Likins Hall this fall. I’m looking to hire students as personal care assistants to help me on a daily basis I have diffuse low muscle tone and am dependent on a wheelchair for movement. Duties would include helping me get up and dressed, use the restroom and get to bed, all depending on which shifts the PCA wishes to take.
I’ve hired several PCAs already, but I need to hire more. Some time blocks are very short (less than 15 minutes). 

Both my Mom and I will provide training, so you will not be going in blind. I am very talkative, so I look forward to getting to know all my assistants. Reliability is key, because without you I will end up missing classes. Email me at jacknew12@gmail.com if you are interested. Tell me a little about yourself as well as why you are interested in this job. An over the phone interview will also be conducted. You must pass a background check, which includes fingerprinting (as required by the state of Minnesota, where I am from).


PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT POSITION, SHORT MORNING TIME BLOCK BEFORE YOUR CLASSES (Position though is open now)
 GREAT EXPERIENCE for students interested in any health profession and such work experience can be an asset on applications to professional programs.
 Some experience is good but not necessary.  I am willing to train enthusiastic applicants new to caregiving who are looking for experience.  Must be reliable and have transportation.

 Monday thru Friday mornings or days you are available assisting a male quadriplegic
Total time each morning is generally 1.5 hrs once the routine is learned.  Usually takes 2 hrs as we're just getting started and getting to know how each other works. 
Starting time flexible but prefer to start at 6:30 a.m.  or 7:00 a.m.

About me:   I'm 50 yrs old, been married 25+ yrs, and have had my disability since I was a teenager.  I'm pretty easy going, college educated, and like to talk & joke around.  I tend to get along with almost anybody.  Most of my caregivers have stayed with me for several years (generally 3 up to 10 yrs!).  I'm in the downtown Tucson area, 10 minutes from the UA area. The location has worked well for students. We don't smoke.  We do have 2 dogs who are very friendly.

Primary needs are:
* bathing (in bed),
* dressing,
* full-assist pivot transfer from bed to a wheelchair, I am not heavy
* adjusting clothes and repositioning in wheelchair for comfort & safety,
* some very basic breakfast preparation

If interested please Reply to ad by email <santeet@cox.net> or call me at 882-6679.  If calling, please have a few recent, similar, job-related references you can send by email.  


PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANTS NEEDED:
I am an Honors junior (soon to be senior) engineering major looking for dependable personal care assistants that would be available between the hours of 7:30 to 9:30 am, and 8:30 to 10:30 pm weekdays/nights and some weekends.

I am a quadriplegic at the C-6 level, injured in a diving accident in the summer of 2014.

The main tasks would include getting ready for the day in the mornings and preparing for sleep in the evenings. I am in Phoenix for summer break but will be moving back into my dorm, Arbol de la Vida (Park district) a few days before school starts in August. I would like to interview interested applicants soon, in person or by Skype, as it would give ample time to sign up through the caregiving agency. You can reach me, Alex, by iMessage at (602)-696-7262.  

No comments:

Post a Comment