Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Medical Opportunity for Graduating Seniors


Students expecting to have a gap year between graduation and medical school, this internship opportunity is for you!  I am currently employed at The Hand Center, P.C. working as an orthopedic intern.  It is a yearlong, full time, and paid internship in Phoenix, AZ.  During my past eight months of employment, I have gained more medical experience than I thought possible.  Working here has provided me with an excellent opportunity to improve my Spanish in a clinical setting.  Proficiency in Spanish is incredibly helpful and recommended for this position.

For the past 16 years, interns have described this internship as the best year of their training toward a professional degree.  You will be working directly with doctors Mitchel and Carter Lipton, orthopedic hand surgeons, assisting with patient care in every step of the visit.  This position includes helping the doctors with in-office procedures, such as tendon repairs, steroid injections, setting fractures, and wound suturing.  You will obtain detailed histories, evaluate patients, and present them to the doctors as you would in medical school and residency programs.  You will also learn the business and logistics behind operating a private practice by communicating with insurance, workman compensation, and other healthcare organizations.  In addition, this office features a hand surgery rehab department where you can work directly with an occupational therapist.  There is a tremendous amount of knowledge to gain over the course of this internship and it has challenged me to grow both academically and personally.  I firmly believe that my time here and the strong recommendation from Dr. Lipton greatly contributed to my acceptance to the University of Arizona College of Medicine for this coming fall.  I guarantee that you will find this work environment inviting and fun and you will finish the year with a true sense of accomplishment.  We wish you the best of luck in applying for the internship. Please email: Mitchel Lipton M.D. at handdok@aol.com with your CV and current transcript.  If you have any questions about the position or my experience feel free to email me at lindseypedvin@yahoo.com.  Further information can also be found on Wildcat Joblink (http://www.career.arizona.edu/student) under job title: Orthopedic Assistant (Pre-Medical School Intern).

Thanks!
Lindsey LePoidevin



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment