Wednesday, January 13, 2016

GREAT PART TIME JOB RELATED TO HEALTHCARE FOR SPRING SEMESTER, SHORT TIME BLOCKS AND CLOSE TO CAMPUS

Are You Interested in Being a Caretaker? Do you enjoy helping others? Do you have a positive attitude? Do you want to get paid to help out a fellow student? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then I have a job opportunity for you!
My name is Carol and I am looking for a personal assistant for the summer! I am looking to hire a part time personal assistant beginning the weekend of January 9th Spring 2015 semester . I have a form of MuscularDystrophy that limits my ability to perform many personal tasks on my own. This unique job opportunity is a great fit for students who are interested in physiology, nursing, physical therapy, or any other field of healthcare.
Here are some brief answers to questions you might have:
What type of personal care will I be doing? Since I use a power chair and have very limited mobility, you will be assisting me with many of my daily activities. This includes, but is not limited to: dressing, bathing, picking items off the floor, using the restroom, brushing/styling my hair, etc.
How many hours per week will I be working? 6-10 hours per week, weekends included.
Do I need experience in caretaking to have this job? Not necessarily. However, any other work experience will be taken into consideration.
Do I need to be trained in any way to have this job? No. You will be trained as a personal assistant through a local vocational rehabilitation program. You will be a certified in CPR, first aid, and basic personal care. Cost of training/certification may be your responsibility.
Also, be aware of the following: Once you have been selected to be a personal assistant for me, you must go into the Better @ Home office to get paperwork. You must pay for part/complete the items listed in the paperwork. Between the time that you are selected and the time you get the paperwork verified to be a paid PCA, your work time will be considered unpaid, volunteer hours. This process can take a few weeks and depends on when you go to the office to begin the verification process. If you complete it over the winter break, this should not be an issue come spring semester.
 ***NOTE: should you be selected, training for this position is mandatory. It is a one-time class.Classes are only held Tuesdays, 9am-12pm . Do not apply for this position unless you are able to make time for this class!***
In addition to being trained as a caretaker, you will, of course, learn how to interact with a person who has a physical disability on a one to one, personal level. I am very flexible and willing to work with you! This is a wonderful academic, work, and life experience!
If this sounds like something you are interested in, and you would like to apply for this position, please email me by 5pm December 23rd  at carollipari@email.arizona.edu  to get emailed the application and schedule a telephone interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment