Monday, July 17, 2017

FALL JOB POSITION TO ASSIST A DISABLED STUDENT, CONVENIENT, ON CAMPUS



FALL JOB POSITION TO ASSIST A DISABLED STUDENT, CONVENIENT, ON CAMPUS

I sustained a cervical spinal cord injury a few years ago and my quadriplegia prevents me from doing what most people take for granted so I'm starting to recruit some PCAs to work with me this school year.
I can move my arms/wrists but I’m unable to use my fingers. I am a full-time wheelchair user. I’ll need help with daily activities such as-but not limited to: bathing/dressing, toileting, ROM stretches, light housekeeping etc. Complete training is provided so experience isn't required. I use a lift system for transfers (safe for you and me) but you still need to be reasonably strong to handle cares like dressing.

I have a service dog and you may need to help me do some of the things that I cannot do for the her.

A little about me: I’m a Journalism major with a minor in Sociology. I love music (who doesn’t?), Xbox, basketball, and a somewhat ridiculous obsession with makeup thanks to YouTube.

It's great experience and great on your resume if you're pursuing medical and healthcare careers.  Past care-giving experience preferred, but not needed. You will be part of my PCA team of 4 or 5 PCA’s. All are UA students so the schedule is built around your classes. My apartment is on campus.
You will be working for me, but employed as a PCA by my hiring agency. Must pass a background study. Above all you must be reliable so I can actually get to class. I can't stress enough how important reliability is. You will be paid for any training and pay starts at $12/hour.

Email me with a paragraph about you (experience/interests, education, etc), your availability to work and when you would be available for an interview! I would like to start interviewing starting the week of August 14th or even earlier via phone, email etc. Thanks Erin   ethomson@email.arizona.edu    


No comments:

Post a Comment