Thursday, July 27, 2017

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR CONVENIENT PART TIME WORK THIS FALL?



ARE YOU LOOKING FOR CONVENIENT PART TIME WORK THIS FALL?
THESE JOB OPPORTUNITIES GIVE YOU EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR A FELLOW STUDENT WITH A DISABILITY.
Hi! My name is Sara and I am an incoming freshman here at the U of A. I have muscular dystrophy and use a power wheelchair. I am looking for female aide(s) that are able to help me do my day routine of getting ready as well as my night routine.  Things I need help with include but are not limited to:
-          Lifting me from various places such as:
§  In/out of my wheelchair (both morning and night)
§  In/out of bed (both morning and night)
-          Minimal assistance in bathroom
-          Minimal assistance showering (night)
-          Other miscellaneous things such as:
§  Handing me something I cannot reach
§  Laundry
I will be living on campus, and I unfortunately do not know my schedule yet so I can’t tell you the exact times that I will need assistance. However, I am looking for applicants who would be free some weekdays 7 to 10 a.m. (for an hour based on my morning class schedule ) and 9 to 11 p.m. I will be hiring more than one person to cover a variety of times that correlate with their free time. I will need assistance in the morning sometime before my first class for 1 hour, and assistance at night for 1 ½ hours starting at 9 or 10 p.m. I also will need a couple short (10-15 minutes) midday assistance for, say, if I have to use the restroom or other varying needs.
Side note: I weigh about 85 lbs, and am 5′1”.
If you have any questions or if you are interested, you can directly contact me at the number and email listed below
Thank you!
(520) 233-0647


No comments:

Post a Comment