Monday, July 25, 2016

MORE GREAT JOB OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR A DISABLED STUDENT LIVING ON CAMPUS IN THE FALL


I'm starting to recruit some PCAs to work with me this school year. I am a quadriplegic due to a spinal cord injury.  I can move my arms/wrists but I'm unable to move my fingers. I am a full-time wheelchair user. Some things I need help with might include (but not limited to): light housekeeping, stretching, grooming, dressing, getting in/out of bed and some set up for showering. 



I hope you also like dogs because I have a service dog and you may need to help me do some of the things that I cannot do for her such as cleaning her ears. 

Complete training is provided so experience isn't a requirement. I use a lift system for safe transfers (safe for you and me) but you still need to be reasonably strong to handle cares like dressing. 



A little about me… I’m a Journalism major that likes a broad variety of music, gaming, and basketball. Since I'm from Minnesota, I am also looking forward to a snowless school year again where I can enjoy the weather without getting stuck in the snow.

It's great experience and great on your resume if you're pursuing medical and healthcare careers. (It'll look much better than retail or waitressing!) Email me with a paragraph about you (hobbies/interests, education, etc), your availability to work and when you would be available for an interview! I would like to start interviewing as soon as possible and even earlier via phone, email etc., would be great. 
Lastly, it is required you pass a background study and be fingerprinted if hired. Above all you must be reliable so I can actually get to class on time.

 Most shifts are two or three hours and I do live on campus so it's a quick walk from classes. 

Pay is $12/hour to start, so if you are interested, contact me at: 

No comments:

Post a Comment