Monday, February 19, 2018

Pre-Med Student Opportunity



My name is Bailey Johnson and I'm a Physiology major graduating in 2019.
I'm emailing you a message regarding a unique hospital internship opportunity with the Atlantis Project.
Last Summer, I was admitted to the Atlantis Fellowship (a hospital internship abroad) which enabled me to shadow doctors for 20+ hours a week in Montevideo, Uruguay. They offer a variety of countries as well as programs to fit a spectrum of different budgets. It was a life-changing experience for me and I'm much more confident that medicine is the right path for me because of it.
I think this would be a great opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a medical career. Students that contact me to apply will be given priority review on their application.
If this is something that you think you might be interested in, just let me know and I will draft an email for you to send so students can ask me questions directly.
Happy to discuss this in person as well!
Best,
Bailey Johnson

MESSAGE:
Subject: Shadow Doctors for 20+ Hours a Week in Europe or South America
Body:
Hey Everyone!
Just wanted to let you know about an opportunity that any Pre-health students interested in study abroad might be interested in.
An organization called Atlantis is accepting applications for this winter and summer. They are a Pre-health study abroad that allows you to shadow doctors in European and South American hospitals for over 20 hours per week while rotating specialties.
Recently, the Atlantis Fellowship has expanded into NINE programs, moving away from our old model of just one core shadowing program: 
- Atlantis Clinical (Shadowing)
- Atlantis Service Learning
- Atlantis Research
- Atlantis Public Health
- Atlantis MCAT
- Atlantis Admit (Med school app prep focus)
- Atlantis M.D. (for rising or current M.D. candidates)
and two programs that will be hosted on different websites for marketing reasons (these websites are very basic right now but will be expanded soon): 
- Atlantis High School
- Atlantis Nursing
One of our students recently attended Atlantis this past Summer and had an incredible experience. If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Bailey and she will answer any questions you may have while also explaining how you can apply to become and Atlantis Fellow.
Bailey Johnson
623-229-8296
baileyajohnson@email.arizona.edu




No comments:

Post a Comment