Tuesday, March 22, 2016

In-Home Personal Care Attendant/Assistant Wanted

In-Home Personal Care Attendant/Assistant Wanted, short time blocks outside of normal class hours, close to Campus

Applicants should be a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) OR have a number of recent and/or current job references of a similar nature.  Must be reliable and have reliable transportation.

Help needed Weekend mornings and 2 evenings each week.  Mornings are to assist getting a male with a disability (spinal cord injury, paralysis) out of bed regularly for an ongoing period of time, including through the summer. Sunday and Wednesday nights for bowel care (mostly for experienced applicants).  The times are short but pay can be useful to help supplement your normal income.

I can accept one person for all hours or one person for mornings, another for evenings.

Total time each morning is generally 1.5 hrs once the routine is learned.  Usually takes 2 hrs as we're just getting started and getting to know how each other works.  I'd like to find someone who can start anytime between 7 and 9:00am weekend mornings and /or at 7:00pm for approx. 2.5 hrs on Sun. & Wed. evenings.

I'm near 50 yrs old, been married 20+ yrs, and have had my disability most of my life.  I'm pretty easy going, college educated, and like to talk & joke around.  I tend to get along with almost anybody.  I'm in the downtown Tucson area, 10-15 minutes from UA, St. Mary's Hospital & VA Hospital.

We don't smoke.  We do have 2 dogs who are very friendly once they know somebody.

Primary morning needs are:
* bathing (in bed),
* dressing,
* disconnecting/reconnecting catheter (*NOT* changing a catheter itself)
* full-assist standing pivot transfer from bed to a wheelchair,
* adjusting clothes and repositioning person in wheelchair for comfort & safety,
* some very basic breakfast preparation

If interested please Reply to ad by email me with some information about yourself at santeet@cox.net or call me at 882-6679.  Please have a few recent similar job-related references you can send by email if we do talk by phone.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment