Thursday, October 25, 2018

Are you interested in gaining some real life knowledge about spinal cord injury?


Are you interested in gaining some real life knowledge about spinal cord injury?
I am looking for a person to fill in for about 3 weeks, until Nov 12th, position starts now.
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT POSITION, SHORT MORNING TIME BLOCK BEFORE YOUR CLASSES, close to Campus
 GREAT EXPERIENCE for students interested in any health profession and such work experience can be an asset on applications to professional programs.
 Some experience is good but not necessary.  I am willing to train enthusiastic applicants new to caregiving who are looking for experience.  Must be reliable.

 Early Tuesday thru Friday mornings assisting a male quadriplegic.
Total time each morning is generally 1.5 hrs once the routine is learned.  Usually takes 2 hrs as we're just getting started and getting to know how each other works. 
Starting time flexible but prefer to start at 6:30 a.m.  or 7:00 a.m.

About me:   I'm married  and have had my disability since I was a teenager.  I'm pretty easy going, college educated, and like to talk & joke around.  I tend to get along with almost anybody.   I'm in the downtown Tucson area, 10 minutes from the UA area. The location has worked well for students. We don't smoke.  We do have 2 dogs who are very friendly.

Primary needs are:
* bathing, dressing, transfer from bed to a wheelchair, I am not heavy
* adjusting clothes and repositioning in wheelchair for comfort & safety,
* some very basic breakfast preparation

If interested please Reply to ad by email <santeet@cox.net> or call or text me, Tod at (520)288-3502

2 comments:

  1. I always recommend people to resort to physical therapy, because It's so beneficial to our physical and mental health, but mostly because it helps patients on their recovery. It's sad that people don't know how impactful undergoing physical therapy is. A website that has helped me become more aware of physical therapy and its importance is Preferred Rehab , you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete