Friday, May 6, 2016

Exercise Science Club at NAU

My name is Megan Steele, and I'm the treasurer for the Exercise Science Club at NAU. I am reaching out to you because my club is going to be doing some volunteer work in Baja, Mexico this summer, and we are looking for more volunteers in order to make our trip happen. Please forward this to all of your students in your club/organization. Thank you!

This trip is through a program called International Student Learning, and is for students who want to go into the field of physical therapy. We will be with licensed physical therapists providing care to the underprivileged population of Baja. The trip is 1 week long from June 11th to June 17th and the cost is $1195. This is the least expensive volunteer abroad volunteer opportunity that I have ever come across! The cost includes housing, 2 meals per day, travel, medical supplies, and more!

This is an awesome opportunity for those who want to get hands on experience in the field of PT, and determine whether it's something to pursue as a career. It's also a great resume builder for those applying to PT school, as well as a rewarding personal life experience. However, we need a few more volunteers in order to make this trip happen. If you are interested, PLEASE email me. If you go through me, I will be able to get get a discount for you. My email is: mls549@nau.edu

Here is the link to the website:

Please email me as soon as possible if you are interested, and I will get you more information. The deadline is May 11th. I apologize for the short notice about this trip, but I hope that we can unite as Arizona schools and make this trip happen. I look forward to hearing from you!

Megan Steele
Northern Arizona University
Treasurer of the Exercise Science Club

No comments:

Post a Comment